By enrolling today, you will also get access to our 40 DAY MAGNIFICENT MIND HAND DRUMMING CHALLENGE FOR COGNITIVE & EMOTIONAL WELL-BEING, as well as our growing collection of over 200 videos and dozens of hours of online Mindful Hand Drumming, Movement and Meditation. You will receive our Getting Started with Rhythm Bliss course, Instruction in Hand Drumming Technique (contains both lap and hand drum option), as well as the Shamanic Rhythm Kriya (Guided and Unguided Visual and Auditory Rhythm Jams and Journeys, Zen of Practice Play-alongs, Rhythm Variations and Rudiments to practice with, and an Energizing Movement Practice, all designed to energize the body and calm the mind) and our new Magnificent Mind Rhythm Kriya for Cognitive and Emotional Well-being.
TESTIMONIALS FROM RHYTHM BLISS MEMBERS
- Alexandra is an incredible facilitator and teacher! I believe she was put in my life to take me to the next level. The drum is an amazing vehicle for healing. - Terry S. (Social Worker)
- Thank you Alexandra, Michael and the Rhythm Bliss Team!!! This has become my new addiction – this practice is my favourite meditation now. Mindful Hand Drumming is where it’s at!🙏🏼👌🏼…xo - Micheline G. (Yoga Instructor and Dancer)
- Alexandra is truly a bright light and when she teaches, one can not help catch the flame of inspirational fire which runs through her beat, singing voice and instruction, which is comprehensive and beautifully packaged. - Ingrid H. (Yoga Instructor)
- I had a stroke that paralyzed my left side and left me with the remnants of shakiness and tremors, and I never thought that I’d be able to play any instruments. Alexandra's drum songs have spoken to my heart and apparently my frontal lobe, as well. I can now hold my fingers together and allow my joyful left hand to surprise me with its beautiful dance. - Marianne N. (Property Manager)
- She instills a genuine calmness enabling greater self awareness. Alexandra has a very special “magnetism” to her that draws people to her and makes you want to join her in doing what she is so passionate about. - Max C. (Real Estate lawyer)
- Just want to let you know how helpful the drum meditation has been to me. My daughter has been extremely ill from complications from cancer. We have been completely taken up with her care. I have been far too anxious (and tired) to drive to live yoga or drum classes. The online rhythm meditations have been a life-saver for me. I am transported to a blissful place which allows me to let my anxiety go, for a while at least.….Thank YOU and please convey my thanks to the rest of the Rhythm Bliss team. - Sandra J.
- The Rhythm Bliss online program has helped me with balance and focus after experiencing vertigo. I so appreciate the effort and hard work they've put into making it such a great program. I love the brain gym exercises and the Rhythm Jams with the Rhythm Bliss band, as well as the grounding meditation with the didjeridoo. - Judy H. (Horticulturist)
- When it comes to rhythm facilitation, Alexandra, is the best in the business. She is extraordinary in her ability to facilitate the most engaging drumming and movement sessions. - Leah R. (Music Therapist)
- She has a talent for combining yoga and drumming and encourages you to just be yourself and move. I suffer from anxiety and my psychiatrist actually prescribed drumming with Alexandra to me. Alexandra makes it so joyful and engaging, you feel like you can't make any mistakes. I am almost 80 and I LOVE it! - Sheila H. (Retired Teacher)
- I had hesitated drumming this morning as I had a terrible back problem after ziplining yesterday. Today after drumming, I felt so much better. I don’t know if it was a combination of the drumming with the yoga, just the stretching or whether it was just chilling during drumming…………..whatever it was I have to say “thank you so much”. I cannot believe how much better I feel! Once again, thank you for everything, your time, your patience and your amazing abilities with both drumming and yoga.- Lynn S. (Retired Flight Attendant)
- Alexandra provides a compassionate and safe environment with creative and masterful instruction where students feel comfortable to explore and receive the benefits of mindful drumming and yoga. Alexandra is a natural-born educator and a teacher with a high level of integrity and professionalism. - Janice C. (Yoga Teacher Trainer)
- As a former dancer, professional hand drummer, and certified yoga instructor, Alexandra embodies kinaesthetic energy! Every time I do a movement practice with her, I feel as though I am not only benefitting from a beautiful yoga practice, but am also receiving important lessons in anatomy and physiology. Thanks to her brilliant instruction, I have embarked on a path of mindful movement that I hope will sustain me as my body copes with the effects of aging, stress and a 21st century sedentary lifestyle. I have never felt so motivated to move and stretch my body. - Jenn S. (Communications Director, Teacher)
- She is present, kind, attuned and simply wonderful. I am so grateful that she brings herself so completely forward. In doing so, she allows the same experience to unfold for those who practice with her. - Robyn S. (Counselling Psychologist and Mindfulness Teacher)
- I love Alexandra's simple clean honest approach to the essence of yoga. Her attention to detail in her cueing guides you safely and keeps you focused throughout the practice. Her movement classes are both challenging and relaxing, allowing you to work from where you are at that moment in time. It has made a huge difference in my body. Even practicing with her once a week is addictive. The drumming is pure bliss and reminds me of South Africa where I was born. - Janet K. (Fitness Instructor and Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation Specialist)
- Alexandra manages to accommodate such a wide range of rhythm levels in her program. She creates a very safe environment to have fun with no fear of messing up. She is an excellent instructor. - Anne C. (Teacher)
- Alexandra is open, non-judgmental, passionate and caring. Her love of rhythm and movement is infectious and she is an inspired and dynamic teacher with such a wealth of experience to share. - Shakti M. (Yoga Teacher Trainer)
- The benefits for me are pure delight and pleasure...and it's embodied. I just feel the smile from the inside. Alexandra is so passionate about drumming and yoga and it's infectious. When I'm drumming with Alexandra I feel "this is it", it doesn't get any better than this. - Fran A. (Registered Clinical Counsellor)
Membership in our Rhythm Bliss Community also gets you access to our archive of our growing library of pre-recorded live mindful hand drumming classes, deals on our Rhythm Bliss Retreats and much more. New content is added regularly.
NO DRUM OR MUSICAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED. All You Need is a Heartbeat!
Alexandra is an incredible facilitator and teacher! I believe she was put in my life to take me to the next level. The drum is an amazing vehicle for healing.
- Terry S. (Social Worker)
Frequently Asked Questions
Hailing from Santiago, Chile, Alexandra Jai is a hand drumming and yoga teacher, rhythm facilitator, accompanist and performer with over 30 years of experience. Following a transformative and deeply healing drumming immersion with Nigerian Master Drummer Olatunji Babatunde in her late teens, she plunged heart-first into the study of world percussion and rhythm culture. A lifelong student of rhythm and movement, Alexandra Jai studied traditional African, Afro-Cuban, Indian and Middle Eastern Hand Drumming from master drummers across the globe. She is the founder of Rhythm Bliss Studio (formerly Drum Mama Studios), a centre for Rhythm and Movement Meditation serving Vancouver, BC since 2003. Alexandra Jai has created Rhythm Bliss Online to spread joy, serenity and healing by blending the ancient art of hand drumming with yoga philosophy in a way that is easily accessible and relevant to our hectic, modern lives.